Join us as the Fire Engineering National Lead and become the driving force behind our dynamic team, making a meaningful impact on diverse and challenging projects across multiple sectors. Whether you choose to be based in our vibrant Brisbane or Melbourne office, you’ll thrive in a close-knit environment that fosters innovation and collaboration.
As the Fire Engineering National Lead, you’ll be the torchbearer for excellence in fire engineering, reporting directly to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Your role will be pivotal in providing guidance and support to our talented engineers and consultants. Together, we’ll light the way to a brighter, safer, and more sustainable future in the world of fire engineering. Join us, and let’s ignite innovation together.
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be in the driver’s seat to define the next chapter of Fire Engineering Services (FE) at Omnii. Leading the national team and ensuring all financial, commercial, safety and people management objectives are met whilst engaging in the Growth Strategy for Omnii.
- The National Fire Engineering Lead has accountability for our Fire Engineering discipline for Australia.
- Working as part of the Omnii’s operational leadership team, you will utilise your extensive knowledge within fire safety engineering and professional services consulting to identify and target opportunities, develop, and apply agreed sales strategies and implement a business model which supports Omnii’s strategic objectives.
- You will have established contacts and credibility in the Australian market, and it is required that you will contribute to and support Omnii’s business strategy through achieving financial and non-financial KPIs. You will collaborate across the Group and drive our strategic growth in key target sectors and deliver on technical excellence through initiatives including the driving of the development of a digital strategy.
- This role also entails being the lead for commercial aspects of the business for all matters risk management, contracts, legals and resolution of same (including liaison with our external legal and insurance representatives) and working with our Finance department for debt recovery when project work is in dispute.
What you’ll need
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the Fire Engineering Services Design Principles
- Thorough understanding of Fire Engineering Services, NCC, Australian and International Standards, the Australian regulatory process, and Fire Protection Services (as required for Fire Safety Engineering) relative to your position
- 10 + years’ experience in Fire Safety Engineering Building Design
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong commercial acumen with well-developed communication skills
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Professional and demonstrable work ethic
- Ability to foresee challenges and take action
- Willing to travel to other states as required
- Tertiary degree in relevant engineering field
- Chartered engineer status, relevant engineering registrations or ability to achieve these
What you’ll get in return
You will be joining the industry leader in fire engineering, with opportunities to develop your skills.
You will be working with a people leader who values and supports your professional development, in a growing, dynamic, and authentic organisation that promotes integrity and puts people first.
We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, which is reflected in our Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Policy.
Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, income protection insurance, and 5 weeks annual leave.
Please apply now, if you share our values of Passion, Integrity, Collaboration, Agility and Opportunity and would like to work with and lead a challenging, growing, and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Come and be part of our dynamic team!